It's Mama M's 5 Question Friday, the blog carnival that poses quirky, fun questions so we can get to know each other better.
Questions for Friday, March 26, 2010:
1. Did you pass your driver's test on the first try? NO, but It wasn't my fault I tell you! You see, the test went well. The instructor had told me I passed so we headed back to the court house.
That's when everything went down hill. My excitement to have a driver's license and then the stop sign that I drove right on through. My instructor looked at me with that look of disappointment in her eyes (I can still see it today) and told me she had to fail me.
"But you already passed me" I said. Why did you tell me that and get me all excited. How is a girl supposed to drive and contain that level of excitement?
Anyway I failed and cried. I cried a lot and I was too embarrassed to go back to school and tell everyone I failed. Oh the tragedy!
2. What is your most embarrassing moment? I like to think I don't take myself to seriously to get embarrassed that often. However, there is this time I remember when I worked for a roofing company when I was about 19 or 20. I had to run around and get materials a lot for the crews. I was making a list on this particular sunny afternoon when I was told to pick up a shingle stretcher.
Me: A shingle stretcher? Is that like a carpet stretcher? (I know what you are thinking except I wasn't thinking rationally at that time)
Crew: Yes just like that. Just ask the guy at the lumber yard and he will help you find it.
(Drove to Lumber Yard)
Me: Can you help me with a shingle stretcher
Sale Associate: Shingle stretcher? Did they ask you to get that for them?
Sales Associate: Well we don't have any in stock. Go back and tell them I will put one on order but it's going to cost them a lot.
Driving back to job site I had a flash of realization but pulling into the driveway watching everyone fall to their knees laughing hysterically really sealed it.
Shingles don't stretch folks!
3. What TV show would you like to be on- Oprah, Biggest Loser, or What Not to Wear? Definitely What Not to Wear-I need a new wardrobe and $5,000 to spend--Sign me up! I could live with some criticism.
4. Would you ever get plastic surgery and what kind? For the longest time that's all I thought about. I planned to have surgery done on the girls when I had my last child so that I wouldn't have to worry about breast feeding problems. But now I have become so much more comfortable with myself and my body that I don't ever think I will. I used to think I needed it for my self esteem but now I have my husband for that!
If I change my mind again I would definitely keep them natural looking for my body size. No Pam Anderson in this personality.
5. What are your favorite jeans to wear? The ones my husband like the best on me which are totally uncomfortable but I wear them for him anyway. My favorite brand are Lucky jeans although I rarely buy them because they are just too much money.
Now it's your turn to join in on the fun!